Retreat from Yavin 4

PLAY LOG: Out of the Gate

Chapter 2 - Play Log

HK searches his databanks and recalls to the group that Imperial Army is uses largely predicable

because of their overwhelming size. The stormtroopers will use a 3 pronged attack with squads

approximately 38 troopers strong. Each with a sniper and sergeant to lead them. Supported by AT­STs

each squad will focus on encircling and capturing as many of the Rebel troops as possible. For public

Scout Trooper 4 fires at Mada, but misses just wide. Causing Mada 2 strain. The trooper then quickly

moves away from the scary lightsaber.

Jaryk Irys’sil doesn’t waste any time sprinting toward the ship.

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn

Frank (Grim) Grim ignites his jetpack and launches himself forward.

Grim:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Frank (Grim) grim fires his rifle at ST2!

Grim:

Weapon: DH­X Heavy Blaster Rifle

Damage: 10

Critical: 2

Range: Long

Special: Cumbersome 2, Pierce 2

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 1/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

Frank (Grim): end turn!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Short Range is 1 Purple for that shot, FYI.

Frank (Grim): well well

Grim:

Weapon: DH­X Heavy Blaster Rifle

Damage: 10

Critical: 2

Range: Long

Special: Cumbersome 2, Pierce 2

Roll:

Frank (Grim): can i spend triumph for crit?

im sprru advantage

sorry*

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Yes you can.

Frank (Grim): dooooooo iiiittttt

:)

end turn!

Grim does an aerial summersault lands and blasts the scout trooper square in the chest, leaving a big

hole. The brilliant display cause 1 strain on all the Scouts left to oppose you.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

Jonas Rigger begins to move towards the landing pad. Seeing the ST’s in his way, he draws his

blaster pistol and fires at Scout 6.

Weapon: HL­27 Light Blaster Pistol

Damage: 5

Critical: 3

Range: Medium

Special: Accurate 1, Stun setting

Roll:

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 2/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Dice: Dice Pool

Roll:

Target just outside medium range (12 spaces) so adding 1 red to the shot.

END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Long range is 3 purple, or in this case 2 purple 1 red.

Jared (Jaryk): For 2 strain, you could also move another 5­6 squares.

Jonas misses wide, but everyone is invigorated by his heroic charge. All characters get their second

maneuver free the next round.

Scout 6 fires at Grim but misses. Scout 7 fires at Mada and misses. Scout 5 fires at Mada and

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Bloody hell.

The Rebel Vanguard fires a Light Laser Cannon emplacement at AT­ST 3, but it malfunctions and is

The stormtrooper left flank advances while firing, but they hit nothing.

The stormtrooper center follows suit. Still firing wildly.

Not to be left out, the stormtrooper right flank fires their guns in the air in an intimidating gesture that

AT­ST1 Advances on the rebel infantry, lowers its port mounted light blaster canon and fires. A small

group of Rebels vanish in a flash of light.

AT­ST2 does the same, but suffers 3 strain.

AT­ST 3 moves forward but misses his target.

The AT­AT spends its turn moving forward.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn.

HK­477 runs into the melee, realizing that the time has come for taking risks. "INFURIATING

OBSERVATION: My programming requires that I selflessly cover everyone’s escape."

HK­477 points his blaster rifle at Scout Trooper 4.

Weapon: Puny Blaster Pistol

Damage: 5

Critical: 3

Range: Short

Special: No. It’s not very special.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 3/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

Wait. Wrong weapon. Ignore that.

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

Roll:

That’s the one.

HK­477: END TURN.

Scout Trooper 4 melts completely under continuous from HK. Not even a spec is left. The attack is so

successful that Mada feels a sense of bravery coming on.

Mada can ignore the effects of fear for 1 turn.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn.

Mada Roolek strains himself to dash towards Scout Trooper 7, waving his lightsaber menacingly

Weapon: Light Saber

Damage: 6

Critical: 2

Range: Engaged

Special: Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2

Roll:

END TURN!

Mada wildly hacks ST7 in two, but ST6 quickly moves away from the mayhem.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Adam J. (HK­477): Lightsabers are fun.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 4/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Kaash’Clotile catches up to his group and fires his KS­23 Hammer at Scout trooper 5

Weapon: KS­23 Hammer

Damage: 8

Critical: 4

Range: Short

Special: Blast 6, Knockdown

Roll:

END TURN

Kaash’s shot misses its target, but the blast still hits the trooper, knocking him prone.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn.

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

Frank (Grim) Grim launches himself forward with his jetpack!

Grim:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Frank (Grim) Grim fires a shot at ST5 right before launching himself forward again!

Grim:

Weapon: DH­X Heavy Blaster Rifle

Damage: 10

Critical: 2

Range: Long

Special: Cumbersome 2, Pierce 2

Roll:

Frank (Grim): Advantage for crit please!

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 5/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Grim:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Frank (Grim):

sure you knew).

END TURN!

Grim continues an expert display of the flying gunman. Hopping from place to place killing ST5 along

The bigger red square is where I shot so it was 1 purple I believe (just trying to make

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

Oh right, Grim’s advantage on the piloting check.

From Grim’s earlier vantage point he notes that the AT­STs wont move in front of the Troopers they

are with until the Vanguard has been defeated. This will make them slowing then they could be.

Jonas Rigger sprints toward the hangar.

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Athletics check for second move, right?

END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

need a couple purple in there.

Nope the second move is free and if you were going to roll you would

Scout Trooper 6 fires at Grim as he retreats toward the dock. He hits Grim for 6 damage.

The Rebel Infantry fights on firing and hitting the Imperial right flank, but missing the AT­AT with their

Light Ion Cannon Emplacement.

The Imperial left flank advances.

The Imperial Center advances and fires. Killing another Rebel Vanguard. However, they must pause to

reload and wont move the next round.

The Imperial Right Flank advances and fires with greater aim. Killing another Rebel Vanguard group.

AT­ST 1 Advances and fires but misses it target.

AT­ST advances and fires. Missing his target he is fortunate enough to take out the Rebel Gunner on

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 6/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

AT­ST 3 advances and takes out on of the Laser cannons.

The AT­AT marches forward.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn.

HK­477 runs forward, then takes aim at Scout Trooper 6.

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

Roll:

HK­477 runs toward the launch pad, burning more strain.

HK­477: END TURN.

Adam J. (HK­477): I added one to the blue circle for strain. I think I did that right.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Yes and no.

Adam J. (HK­477): Do advise.

Crap.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

rolled will be used to reduce that 1. Same result, but more complicated path.

Adam J. (HK­477): Ah. Cool.

HK slows is servos to steady a shot and hits the final scout trooper with deadly accuracy. The results

The cost is 2 strain for a second maneuver, but the advantage you

is less strain on his system as he takes his second maneuver.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn.

The GM spends 6 destiny tokens to require each player to pass an athletics check before they can

Adam J. (HK­477): Average difficulty?

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Correct.

The athletics check is Average difficulty and the effects last for only 1 round.

Mada Roolek:

skill: Athletics

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 7/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

Mada Roolek stumbles forward a bit.

Mada’s stumbling stroll allows him to recover 1 strain.

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

Robert H.: actually wait, I think I can still take another action.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Thats correct

Mada Roolek is feeling lucky despite his clumsy lack of coordination, and takes aim at the

Stormtrooper Left Flank in the distance!

Weapon: Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Long

Special: Stun Setting

Roll:

Mada Roolek , being a Natural Marksman, feels something funny as he touches the trigger and

Weapon: Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Long

Special: Stun Setting

Roll:

END TURN!

Robert H.: well that was fun.

I like not having my blaster explode in my hands.

Mada, still staggering around, trips as he fires his blaster. Reaching out to break his fall he grabs a

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 8/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

something that gives away. As he falls a stashed SUPERHAUL MODEL II CARGO SKIFF (Far Horizons

pg 52) is reviled. Mada hits the ground hard though and suffers 1 strain.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Robert H.: Nice.

Kaash’Clotile runs to catch up to his group.

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Kaash’Clotile strains himself to move run farther

Kaash’Clotile boards the SUPERHAUL MODEL II CARGO SKIFF

Kaash’Clotile: END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn

Jaryk Irys’sil wracks his brain for any useful strategies to slow up the Imps, casting a look over

the battlefield for something, anything useful for impeding those AT­XXevers.

skill: Warfare

Roll:

skill: Perception

Roll:

skill: Skulduggery

Roll:

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 9/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Jared (Jaryk):

useful, Skulduggery identifying vulnerable aspects

Next up, athletics check

Jaryk Irys’sil:

skill: Athletics

Explanation: Warfare innate knowledge, Perception something on the battlefield

Roll:

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

Jaryk can’t be sure but he’s pretty certain that the Imperial Army doesn’t stop their forward March;

even when faced with heavy loses. He does however notice that the folliage on the ground might just

burn. The smoke and flames could cover their escape.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

Rebel Vanguard.

Grim’s turn

BTW it would take a comlink and a maneuver to explain this to the

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

Jonas Rigger:

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Jonas Rigger continues to run for the hangar.

Jonas Rigger: END TURN

The Rebel Rearguard scores hits on the advancing Imperial army. Some troopers from the Right Flank

fall and AT­ST 3 takes an Ion blast from the Rebel emplacement. Some of the Rebels begin to fall

The Imperial left flank advances.

The Imperial center advances and fires, but fails to hit their target.

The Imperial right flank advances and also fails to hit their target.

AT­ST 1 also has terrible aim.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 10/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): AT­ST 2 continues the trend.

AT­ST 2 continues the trend.

And AT­ST 3 doesn’t want to be left out.

The AT­AT misses his target, but the blast takes out several Rebel troopers near by.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn.

HK­477 runs to the skiff and climbs in, using twos string to get two maneuvers.

Adam J. (HK­477): All right. Get me in range and I’ll blow someone away.

END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn

Mada Roolek climbs into the skiff, eager to do some flyin!

Mada Roolek attempts to start the skiff!

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Robert H.:

maneuver. I’m doing that, correct me if I’m wrong.

And I think the two extra successes mean I can move 7 squares.

That looks about right?

Andrew, feel free to correct!

END TURN!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): You’re missing a Hard Piloting Planetary check.

I’m not sure, but I think I would need to take 2 strain to move the skiff as it’s an extra

Mada Roolek tries to increase the speed of the skiff so they can actually move somewhere.

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

yes!

END TURN!

woops!

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 11/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

meant to fly over towards jonas

Mada Roolek: END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Kaash’Clotile attempts to pull Jonas onto the skiff.

skill: Athletics

Roll:

END TURN

Kaash grabs at Jonas they fly by in the skiff. Missing Jonas’ arm Kaash attempts to pull Jonas up by

his collar but fails to get him into the skiff. Jonas is now dangling from the side of the skiff and

traveling with it. He can get in with an average athletics roll with a boost dice from Kaash’s

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s time.

Jaryk’s turn.

Jaryk moves and attempts to leap into the moving Skiff.

Jaryk Irys’sil:

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Jaryk succeeds with such ease that he recovers 2 strain.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

Jonas’ turn.

Jonas Rigger scrambles desperately to get onto the skiff.

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Magnifiscent: Not sure what to do with that. If I need to do something else, let me know. Otherwise,

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 12/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

END TURN.

HK­477: STATEMENT: The Hell?

Jared (Jaryk):

kicking in a futile effort to life himself!

Ha ha ha, everyone’s strain is removed while they laugh at the old man dangling and

Frank (Grim) Grim searches the skiff for any demolitions or explosive materials.

Grim:

skill: Perception

Roll:

Jonas fails to get himself into the skiff but has secured himself. Hanging on the side of the skiff like

a boss he’ll get 1/2 the cover as the other and can enter the skiff on his next turn as a maneuver.

Grim finds a 1 charge of Detonite in the skiff but the comlink detonator is damaged and it can only be

The Rebels continue their retreat but fail to hit any Imps on their way.

The Ipms left and center flanks advance, killing another turbolaser gunner.

The Imps right flank takes out a group of fleeing Rebels.

The Walkers advance, bringing a wave of destruction.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn

HK­477 tries to drag Jonas into he skiff.

skill: Athletics

Roll:

END TURN

Adam J. (HK­477): I’ll roll that again if I used the wrong dice.

HK­477:

one of those other meatbags at butchers’ stores is robbed me. When will my torture end?

HK shows off his droid like strength and easily lifts Jonas and sets him on the skiff. With the peril

over everyone can remove 2 strain. Mada sees that everyone is inside and punches the skiff to full

IRRITATED STATEMENT: Curse my programming. The joy of watching a meatbag dangle like

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 13/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

action if he wants it.

HK­477:

done?) Taking suggestions.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

you guys… yet.

Any attack from the moving skiff requires 2 setback dice because of the speed of the skiff currently.

Adam J. (HK­477):

allowed we’ll just call it the end of my turn.

Still HK’s. That interaction counts as a maneuver, so he still has an

Hmm. Can I shoot anything from here? Would it give away our position? (Or is that already

You are not currently hidden from view but the Imperial focus isn’t on

I don’t think attacking is wise, at the moment. I’ll see if this works and if this is not

HK­477 looks for any way her can help the skiff with his knowledge of mechanics.

skill: Mechanics

Roll:

Adam J. (HK­477): Oops.

END TURN!

HK can’t find away to improve the skiff but he does find a droid repair patch.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn.

Due to HK’s triumph the skiff is at full speed. That means that for each maneuver the skiff can travel

11 squares. Remember that when gaining altitude the number of squares up is subtracted from the

number of spaces you can move horizontally. So traveling up to the hight you need to jump down on

the AT­ST would cost 9 squares leaving only 2 to travel toward the AT­ST on that maneuver.

Mada’s turn

Robert H.:

changing the speed.

Here’s a piloting check:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

I don’t remember if I need to make a piloting check just to move or if that was only for

Roll:

Robert H.: Ooo, well…..

something tells me I didn’t need that in the first place. If so, I’m going to go ahead and move! If I’m

wrong just move me back!

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 14/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Mada Roolek takes the skiff into a steep climb, moving up 6 meters, then forward 5!

Robert H.: And apparently I can’t figure out how to move all the people with the skiff……

And my wife is singing in my ear to indicate she needs the computer.

So I’ll leave all this mess for our wonderful and mighty GM to sort out.

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

tokens to move with the skiff. New Plan! Your tokens are now at the bottom left of the screen.

Mada can have a second free maneuver if he wants to trade his action. Would you like to do that or

end your turn?

Robert H.: There we go, should be about the right distance to go another full 11 squares.

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

Okay screw it, I tried every way I could think of and I can’t get the

Mada flys closer to the Imperial death machine.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

SUPERHAUL MODEL II CARGO SKIFF: “WOOOOOOOSH!”

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Kaash’Clotile apparently does nothing of significance.

Kaash’Clotile: END TURN

Kaash mimes a steering wheel in front of himself, as he’s not the pilot, and makes driving sounds.

Everyone removes 1 strain from amusement.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn.

Jaryk Irys’sil uses his comm to broadcast a message advising the Rebels to set far to the brush

and grasses as they retreat to obscure the Imps’ view of their escape.

Jaryk Irys’sil also ties his Syntherope to the rail of the skiff.

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

SUPERHAUL MODEL II CARGO SKIFF sputters in a familiar beat. “Chitty chitty bang bang..”

Frank (Grim) Grim splices wires and calibrates the timer on the detonite!

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 15/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Grim:

skill: Mechanics

Roll:

Grim Sets the timer on the charge to detonate after 1 minute and 6 seconds. Grim activates the

skill: Mechanics

Roll:

Grim Takes 2 strain for his final maneuver to hold it over the edge of the skiff to drop it as mada

Grim: END TURN!

SUPERHAUL MODEL II CARGO SKIFF speaks in a calm voice. "I am the Knight Industries Three

Thousand. You may call me “K.I.T.T.”

Grim manages to rig his explosive charge with an IR flash. In addition to the regular explosion the

near by AT­ST will have its instruments down for 1 round when the device detonates.

HK does a quick diagnostic of his audio inputs and finds that they must of malfunctioned for a

second; making him think the skiff was talking to him. With the diagnostic complete he recovers 2

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

The Rebel Rearguard do their best to set fires with their remaining turbolasers and continue to

The Imperial left flank spots the skiff heading towards them and all fire at once while standing their

ground. Their fire does nothing to damage the skiff, but all passengers suffer 2 damage. (remember to

The Imperial Center advances cautiously and takes no attack.

As does the Imperial Right Flank

AT­ST1 fires at the incoming skiff as well, just barely missing.

AT­ST 3 advances and take out another group of Rebel troopers.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 16/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

The AT­AT continues to head to the landing platform.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn.

HK­477 takes a moment to aim at the Imp left flank, thankful he can finally fire back. "We didn’t

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

Roll:

HK­477 misses his shot. He slams his fist onto the guardrail in frustration, then watching to see

HK­477: END TURN.

Adam J. (HK­477): WAIT!

I forgot one blue dice for aiming, and another for higher ground!

HK­477: For aiming…

Dice: Dice Pool

Roll:

For higher ground…

Dice: Dice Pool

Roll:

HK­477: Blast.

END TURN for real.

As HK pulls the trigger, Mada swerves to avoid in coming fire. HK misses his target trooper but by a

stroke of luck the bolt fired sails through the open viewport of AT­ST 1. Instantly killing the pilot. The

co­pilot is now the sole occupant and he quickly closes the viewports for safety. He’ll now only use

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 17/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

his sensor data to pilot the Chicken Walker.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn.

HK­477: BOAST: I meant to do that.

Mada Roolek soars up an additional 3 meters with great skill and dexterity, looking rather

Mada Roolek zooms over the Stormtrooper Left Flank!

Mada Roolek keeps zooming, right over the AT­ST!

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

DentoniteCharge: BA­BOOM!!!!!

The detonite charge clicks past the final second on the timer and unleashes a furious explosion

dealing 32 damage to the stormtrooper’s left flank. Vaporizing them all as the skiff flies past without

Mada Roolek:

wave.

An IR flash from the charge blinds all the sensors on AT­ST1. The co­pilot sits in the dark with the

If I had hair it would be rippling in the magnificent breeze from the explosion blast

The AT­AT sees the hole in the battle line and deploys another platoon to reinforce the left flank.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Jared (Jaryk):

check to board the AT­ST from using the syntherope I tied to the railing earlier? And do you want me

to roll something for applying the Quickflash burning gel (book says GM’s discretion whether it’s

necessary)?

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

guys are fearless (and 3 triumph have been rolled), yes, add a boost dice for the rope I forgot about,

and no roll needed to place and active the gel (it take one maneuver).

Oh, we still an extra setback die for fear? Can we get a boost die on the Athletics

Jared, good questions. No more fear dice for the map, clearly you

Jaryk Irys’sil attempts to rappel down from the moving skiff onto the AT­ST!

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Jared (Jaryk): The advantage is ours, men!

Adam J. (HK­477): If advantage was cash we could just buy the death star.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 18/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Jaryk hits the roof hard and nearly rolls off, but suffering 1 strain and 1 wound (no soak can be

applied) he’s able right himself before going over the edge. Jaryk is on the roof.

Jaryk Irys’sil mutters to himself while he applies the “Quickflash” Burning Gel to the AT­ST’s roof

and breaches it for Grim and Kaash’s entry.

Jaryk Irys’sil:

Zikri’skra if you can’t even land on a roof without punching it with your face…."

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

“Smooth, Jaryk, real smooth. Nobody will ever think you’re as awesome as Karka

HK­477 points to the top of the walker. "OBSERVATION: It’s over there, Jaryk! Do you need a

Frank (Grim) jumps off the edge of the skiff and ignites his jetpack mid­air attempting to land on

Grim:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Grim hears his jetpack sputter and reaches for the synthrope trying to salvage this pathetic

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Oh good heavens!

Grim pretends to have jetpack trouble and slides down the rope and lightly drops into the cockpit

behind the co­pilot. Grim’s next combat check is easy with no setback dice.

Grim sighs with relief at his luck and quickly flips up his rifle and shoots at the surprised pilot.

Weapon: DH­X Heavy Blaster Rifle

Damage: 10

Critical: 2

Range: Long

Special: Cumbersome 2, Pierce 2

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 19/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

reroll sorry

gonna gamble for some advantage…here we go :/

Weapon: DH­X Heavy Blaster Rifle

Damage: 10

Critical: 2

Range: Long

Special: Cumbersome 2, Pierce 2

Roll:

Grim: whewwww

use adv. for crit pls!

Grim heaves the pilot and co­pilot over his shoulder and tosses them out the hatch and over the

side to make room for Jaryk and Kaash!

Grim: (2 strain)

END TURN!

The AT­ST closes his eyes and resigns himself to his fate as Grim blasts him at close range

triumphantly. The cockpit is now cleared and the computer are accessible.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

AT­ST 1’s computers need to be sliced with a hard computers check. Its current speed is zero.

Kaash’Clotile attempts to jump into the AT­ST cockpit

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Kaash’Clotile attempts to rip off the control panel cover to give jaryk’ more access to the AT­ST’s

skill: Brawl

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 20/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

Kaash’Clotile rips off the cover with ease!

Kaash’Clotile: “You’re welcome catfish face”

Kaash rips the cover off the control panel with a little damage done to the components underneath.

Computer checks against will receive 5 boost dice.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

Jaryk Irys’sil gasps as the panel cover flies out of the cockpit.

Jaryk Irys’sil: “Augh! What are you ­­­”

Jaryk Irys’sil: “Oh, hey. That’s good. Thanks!”

The Rebel fires grow as they continue their retreat

The new Imperial left flank advances.

The Imperial center fires at Jaryk atop the AT­ST and hit him for 9 damage. However three troopers

The Imperial right flank advances.

AT­ST 2 fires at the captured Walker, but fails to hit it, as it continues toward the landing pad.

AT­ST 3 has taken damage from the landing pad turbo laser but continues to advance.

the AT­AT continues its march forward.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn

HK­477 is happy to be doing what he does best. He leans over the railing and takes time to aim

at the Center Stormtrooper group.

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

Roll:

END TURN.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 21/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Jared (Jaryk): 8! A new record!

HK­477 shouts down to the imps. "Ha! There’s more where that came from! Let’s see you stand

HK’s companions shout their agreement in threat of the Imperial Army before them. All players

instantly recover all strain, recieve an extra boost dice on all round for the rest of the encounter, and

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): That a boost dice added to all rolls for the rest of the encounter.

HK’s turn (again)

HK­477 takes aim and fires at the center group again. this time for real.

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

Roll:

That’s more like it. Critical and everything.

END TURN. Again.

HK’s blast goes straight through the squad’s sniper and causes 15 damage to the rest of the troopers.

Killing at lest 2 more Stormtroopers.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn

Mada Roolek pilots the skiff skillfully towards the platform, veering over the Stormtrooper Center

to give his passengers clear shots.

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn.

Jaryk Irys’sil hops down into the Chicken Walker and starts plugging his gear into the panel

helpfully opened by Kaash. Then he commences … CYBER WARFARE!

skill: Computers

Roll:

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 22/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Adam J. (HK­477): I have no idea what you were trying to do, but it looks like you did it really well.

Jared (Jaryk): I’m earning bonus XP!

Also, hacking the Imperial Battlenet, or something.

Adam J. (HK­477): Oh, yeah, I forgot.

When it’s not shootin’ things I don’t always pay attention.

Jaryk is able to gain control of the AT­ST and turn piloting control to Grim’s seat. Additionally he

unlocks all weapon controls and sends them to Kaash’s stations. Jaryk also expertly re­programs the

auto­assist function of AT­ST and activates it for both stations. (All rolls made by the pilot or gunner

receive and additional 2 boost dice). Finally Jaryk pulls some of the easily accessed wires and is

able to create a third station for himself on the ground behind the pilot chairs. From there he can

monitor the Imperial BattleNet as a maneuver to gather information and can disrupt Imperial comms

as an action with a computer check.

Adam J. (HK­477): Swwet.

I mean, sweet.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): It was a good roll.

Still Jaryk’s turn assuming he wants to use a maneuver this turn.

Jared (Jaryk): How much nerdier does it get than being the nerd hero in an RPG?

Also, I would like to thank Kaash, who gave me 5 boost dice, and HK­477, who gave me 1; also Mada,

who piloted me here safely, and Grim, my fellow cyber­warrior and now­pilot, and Jonas Rigger, a

useless old man who will soon help us to GTFO.

Jaryk Irys’sil immediately strains his attention to monitoring the Imperial BattleNet as the team

begins to make good their escape!

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

The Imperial comm channels break in with a burst of static.

ImperialNavalCommand: ..eat last transmission Stomper1 it was garbled. Over.

Stomper1: Repeating: Located Rebel landing pad and advancing. ETA to target 13 minutes.

ImperialNavalCommand:

effectiveness.

Stomper1: Target area is rich, resistance is failing, however combat effectiveness is deterred.

ImperialNavalCommand: Explain Stomper1.

Stomper1:

moving. The Rebels have also set fire to the field slowing our ground forces in the smoke.

Recommend danger close bombing run of this landing pad before the Rebels get them off the ground.

ImperialNavalCommand:

advance.

Copy that Stomper1. Report level of resistance and assess combat

Rebels have used an old cargo skiff to commandeer Strider1. Its unknown if they can get it

Understood Stomper1. Stay by confirmation from Twin Flight 7 and continue

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 23/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Stomper1: Copy that, Commander. Awaiting confirmation for bombing run.

Jackasses! Why wont they let me call the Bombers myself I’ll never know. Stupid bureaucracy.

ImperialNavalCommand: Stomper1 your mic is still active.

Stomper1: Right. Uh… Copy that Command. Shi…

Another burst of static indicates the mic is now off.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

Jaryk Irys’sil: “Grim, we gotta get out of here. The Imps are gonna bomb the ships. Leg it!”

Jaryk Irys’sil also passes word on to those in the skiff.

HK­477 leans over the railing, trying to listen to Jaryk’s message. "CONFUSED STATEMENT: The

hairy one is trying to say something but I can’t hear over the noise. I think he just ordered the

Jaryk Irys’sil: “Useless droid doesn’t even have a comm module installed….”

Grim pucnhes the AT­ST and races toward the landing pad!

Grim: END TURN!

Adam J. (HK­477):

down.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): I think he meant the maneuver “punch it” meaning the throttle.

Kaash’s turn

Adam J. (HK­477): Oh. That’s cool, too.

Kaash’Clotile: “Let’s see what this puppy can do!”

I think Grim should do a brawl check to see if he accidentally knocked the walker

Kaash’Clotile aims the chicken’s cannons at AT ST 3

Kaash’Clotile: Target: ATST 3

Alert:

try again.

Alert:

try again.

Weapon: Starboard­mounted concussion grenade launcher

Damage: 10

Critical: 4

Range: Close

Special: Blast 8, Breach 1, Limited Ammo 15

Can’t find character. Please update character name field to match sheet character name and

Can’t find character. Please update character name field to match sheet character name and

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 24/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

Weapon: Starboard­mounted concussion grenade launcher

Damage: 10

Critical: 4

Range: Extreme

Special: Blast 8, Breach 1, Limited Ammo 15

Roll:

Tony (Kaash): I don’t have a clue if that last roll was correct or not, but I think it’s good to go.

END TURN

I based it off my gunnery skill (1 yellow, 2 green), added the two blue boost die from the computer

hacking, and 2 purple because the target and our vehicle have the same silhouette

Kaash turns to fire the concussion grenades but is reminded that those wont do much good against

his target. He instead fires the chin­mounted twin heavy blaster cannons, which are linked for double

damage. He hits AT­ST3 for 10 planetary scale damage.

AT­ST3 wobbles nearly destroyed. Smoke rising from the cabin inside. It wont last much longer.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

The Rebel Rearguard fire a final shot from their turbolaser but miss. The now abandon the platform in

The fires in the field continue to grow.

The 3 groups of Stormtroopers advance, but have no clear shots at the Rebels.

AT­ST2 fires at the Rebel Walker. Hitting it for 4 damage to the hull.

AT­ST3’s gears freeze as he tries to fire at the skiff. It doesn’t move this round.

Stomper1 fires on the skiff, just missing. The near miss cause system strain on the skiffs computer

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn

HK­477: Takes a moment to aim and fires again on the stormtrooper center flank.

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 25/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

I’ll use that advantage for a critical.

END TURN>

HK fires through the squad Sargent to kill another Stormtrooper. The death of their leader will halt

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn

Mada Roolek turns the skiff and points it towards the landing pad.

Mada Roolek strongly considers leaping out of the skiff and taking on the AT­ST 2 all by himself.

Mada Roolek decides he is, in fact, feeling particularly reckless.

Mada Roolek: Jonas, take the wheel!

… or HK, I don’t really care!

Mada Roolek leaps from the moving skiff onto the top of the AT­ST!

Mada Roolek using the rope that’s still attached to the skiff to boost his success!

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Mada Roolek cackles wildly as his lightsaber flashes on. He swings, aiming the humming blade

at the latches on the AT­ST hatch!

Weapon: Light Saber

Damage: 6

Critical: 2

Range: Engaged

Special: Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2

Roll:

Die Imperial scum!!!!

Mada Roolek stabs down into the cockpit triumphantly.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 26/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

The pilot and gunner of the AT­ST die in a under the wild stabbings of the Lightsaber. Confused on

how the battle took such a twist.

The skiff and the AT­ST are now driver less. The AT­ST will come to a stop with out a driver, but the

skiff will carry on to the landing pad.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn.

The Imperial radio crackles with more chatter.

Stomper1: Command! Command! Come in, Over.

ImperialNavalCommand: This is Command, Stomper1.

Stomper1:

down, repeat they are down.

ImperialNavalCommand: Copy that Stomper1. Tie bombers are inbound. ETA 2 minutes.

We’re losing Walkers left and right. Need that bombing run ASAP! Strider 1 and 2 are

Robert H.: oh boy

Mada Roolek: I regret nothing.

Robert H.: You might regret it if you get us all bombed to death.

Mada Roolek: Pff. You don’t know me. I do what I want.

Jared (Jaryk): Can I access something that would have call signs listed as a maneuver?

HK­477 leans against the skiff railing, lost in thought.

HK­477: "RECITATION:

I’m letting go

So give me one more stimpac

To save me from this skiff I’m on

Jonas, take the wheel…"

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

maneuver. (I’ll let your creativity come up with the call signs themselves instead of posting a list)

Jaryk Irys’sil skims over all of the Imperial BattleNet data, desperately searching both it and his

Yes, Jaryk could find a list of squads in the operations area as a

brain for an idea of how to keep everyone from getting blown to bits by tie bombers…

Jaryk Irys’sil: Vaping Moffs, I’ve got it!

Jaryk Irys’sil ’s fingers dance over his holovid input tablet as he attempts to seize control over

Stomper1’s communications array.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 27/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

skill: Computers

Roll:

Jared (Jaryk): Heh. Gonna be Plan B, I see.

Jaryk expertly hacks his way through the Imperial Battlenet and finds the comm signal he wishes to

hijack. Unfortunately the Imperials are prepared with a type of virtual deadman switch preventing

Jaryk from wireless transmitting from Stomper1. Jaryk does find that he’s jamming all signals in the

area as long as he’s connected. He’ll also receive 2 boost dice on his next computer’s check.

Jared (Jaryk): Unexpected Questions that Crop Up during Role Play: Do Bothans sweat?

Jaryk Irys’sil would be dripping sweat, if Bothans do such a thing, as he strains to relay his

Jaryk Irys’sil: “Command, this is Foothold­Alpha. Come in, Command. Over.”

ImperialNavalCommand: This is Command. Foothold­Alpha report your location.

Jaryk Irys’sil:

place to go."

“Awaiting further orders, Over.”

ImperialNavalCommand:

area and you are in the splash zone of a bombing run. ETA 2 minutes. Evacuate west.

Jaryk Irys’sil:

route! Who gave­­"

“Enemy landing pad, Sir. We have secured the ships in the area. Resistance has no

Alert Foothold­Alpha. Stomper1 reports captured Striders operating in your

“Tarkin’s teeth! Negative, Command, negative! Cannot evac west as resistance blocks

Jaryk Irys’sil presses a button and static fills the channel for a few seconds.

Jaryk Irys’sil: “­­jamming signals and visuals blocked by­­­”

Jaryk Irys’sil disconnects from Stomper1’s array and transmits directly from Strider 1.

Jaryk Irys’sil:

Cannot wait two minutes. Over."

“I swear, those buckethead flyboys move slow as their stupid bureaucracy… if they let me call in the

strike, we’d have wiped out their ­­ oh, kark it all, is that the mic light?"

Jared (Jaryk): Now I can stop the bombing run by failing the deception check, right? Right?!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): How would that work? I think I’m a little confused on your goal.

Jared (Jaryk):

halfway there.

Basically, I’m trying to give the Imperial Command the impression that the Rebels are the ones who

called in the bombing run under Stomper1’s call sign in the first place.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 28/56

“Command, this is Stomper1. Advise priority on that bombing run. Rebels are on target.

My goal is to confusion the issue so much that I win regardless. I see I’m at least

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Using Destiny token to boost roll!

Jaryk Irys’sil:

skill: Deception

Roll:

Jared (Jaryk): WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS, IMPIES! ah ha ha ha

END TURN

ImperialNavalCommand:

friendlies. Break off your run and return to patrol!

Stomper1. Ariel assault is no longer authorized. Zipper group will reinforce you from the North. Stand

by for ETA. Continue your assault.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

Flight1! Flight! This is Command. Break off your run. Target area has

Grim continues to keep the throttle floored and moves his group close to the landing pad.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Kaash’Clotile: “I like my chicken fried extra crispy!”

Target: AT­ST 3

Weapon: Chin­mounted twin heavy blaster cannons

Damage: 5

Critical: 4

Range: Extreme

Special: Linked 1

Roll:

Weapon: Chin­mounted twin heavy blaster cannons

Damage: 5

Critical: 4

Range: Extreme

Special: Linked 1

Roll:

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 29/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

END TURN

AT­ST3’s goose is cooked. It explodes spectacularly. Relieving 1 strain from Kaash.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

Magnifiscent:

for him to jump on before taking off towards the hangar at high speed?

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

setback dice could be used to reach and haul Mada back into the skiff; or you can make an average

piloting check with 2 setback to take over the controls of the skiff to slow it down.

Magnifiscent:

option

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

on its own another 11 spaces right after HK’s turn. (Leaving Mada behind if he’s not back in by then)

I assume Mada is going to want a ride. Can I slide into the skiff driver’s seat and wait

I think you’re two choices are: An average athletics check with 2

Being that my piloting is much better than athletics, let’s go with the skiff slowing down

Technically Mada left the skiff still flying at full speed. So it will move

Jonas Rigger attempts to slow the skiff so Mada can jump back on safely.

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Dice: Dice Pool

Roll:

END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

skiff to a stop. Would you like to do so?

Jonas Rigger: Yes that’s not a problem

Jonas grabs the controls and slams on the brakes bringing its speed to zero. Mada can now use a

simple average athletics check with a boost dice for the rope to climb back into the skiff.

You’ll need to take 1 strain to use a second maneuver to slow the

The Rebel soldiers abandon all posts in full retreat.

The fires continue to grow. Blocking the Stormtrooper eye line on the landing pad.

The Imperial army continues to advance.

Stomper1 fires on the now still skiff but is unable to to hit it.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 30/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn

HK­477 leans against the railing to take aim and fires another shot as his friends, the center

HK­477:

together for my convenience.

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

WHISTFUL OBSERVATION: I do so love this shooting range of squishy meatbags all piled

Roll:

Weapon: HK­477’s Modified Blaster Rifle

Damage: 9

Critical: 3

Range: Extreme

Special: Cumbersone 2, Accurate 2

Roll:

Adam J. (HK­477): The second roll was an accident. Ignore it.

END TURN

HK fires the final bolt in his energy clip. His aim true it takes out 2 more troopers with the one shot.

HK can spend a maneuver to reload the rifle if he is carrying any Extra Reloads. If his blaster rifle is

out of ammo for the remainder of this map.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Mada’s turn.

Robert H. leaps at the rope to try and scramble back onto the skiff!

Mada Roolek:

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Mada Roolek steers the ship onwards!

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 31/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Robert H.: (I think I can do that. Correct it if I can’t.)

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): (You can’t quite do that because…)

Mada tries to rush up the rope in to the skiff, but as he nears the top he begins to slide back down the

rope. A knot at the end of the rope keeps Mada from falling off, but he didn’t make it back in the skiff.

Only a maneuver is needed for Mada to enter the skiff on his next turn. Jonas remains the Pilot of the

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn.

Robert H.: hahahaha

Maybe Mada can just hang there and drop to the ground as they fly over the landing pad.

Adam J. (HK­477):

get dragged along the landing pad and then crushed by the skiff.

Jaryk Irys’sil lets the others focus on the immediate escape, while his thoughts turn to the next

The skiff will have to lower itself, so as long as Mada lets go of the rope he won’t

step. He looks through the Imperial BattleNet for information on the current arrangement and

skill: Computers

Roll:

Jaryk Irys’sil muddles a simple firewall mirror port redirect parallel switch reconfiguration,

however, so ­­ shaking his head with disgust at himself ­­ he starts a background download of

the data he already has and then begins packing up his gear so he can just pull the plugs and hop

out of the Walker when it reaches the landing pad.

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

As Jaryk pulls on the cables to pack up an unarmed stun grenade falls out of a compartment and rolls

to his feet. Picking it up to look at it he can see that someone has taken the time to paint a winking

face with its tongue sticking out and hands fanned out by its ears. The words “Suck it” have been

written in a bubble next to the face. Jaryk tucks it into his bag with the rest of his gear.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Grim’s turn.

Grim feels daring and makes Strider 1 jump over the rebel rear guard. He looks over at Kaash and

Grim slams on the brakes and shuts the AT­ST down.

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 32/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

Grim wastes no time and pops the hatch open and jumps down from the top of Strider 1!

Grim: END TURN!

Grim’s expert piloting has the AT­ST parked perfectly, requiring only a maneuver to get out.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Jaryk Irys’sil speaks over his comm set.

Jaryk Irys’sil:

STILL beat you guys back to the ships!"

“I don’t know if you noticed, but we managed to take out twice as many leggers and

Kaash’Clotile exits Strider 1 and enters the Millenium type craft.

“I call a gunner station aboard this magnificent vessel! Anyone who opposes has a

Kaash’Clotile:

Kaltoonian delicacy awaiting them."

END TURN

Kaash makes his way up the gangway and disappears into the yet to be named YT­1300 freighter.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

Jonas Rigger: Let’s get this skiff headed in the right direction!

Magnifiscent: Do I need to roll to move the skiff to the hangar and bring it to a stop?

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

setback; Can move 5 squares if successful +1 square for each extra success

Cruising speed is 1 = can move 7 squares

Changing speed from 1 ­ 2; requires an average Piloting Check with 2 setback; Can move 9 squares

is successful +1 square for each extra success

Cruising speed is 2 = can move 11 squares.

Your current speed is 0.

You current high is 9 squares. Which count toward movment. You’ll likely not be able to come to a

complete stop at the landing pad this turn

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): hight*

height

Of course if you roll a Triumph you can ignore the confusion

Magnifiscent:

check.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Sweet.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 33/56

Changing speed from 0­1; requires an average Piloting Check with 2

Ok, so I’ve got skilled jockey at rank 2, which means I can remove 2 black dice from the

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Jonas Rigger:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Roll:

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

spaces so far

Magnifiscent: That was an action and not a maneuver, right?

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

means that you can roll again to increase your speed or you can continue to move at your current

speed with out rolling.

Magnifiscent: Let’s roll again, since I’m a skilled jockey

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

Advantage count the same as success here. So you can move 7

Kinda, it confusing because I’m treating as a skilled maneuver. Which

Roll:

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): You get 14 spaces. Remember you still 9 high.

Magnifiscent: Cool!

Let’s come over 7 and down 7.

Jonas Rigger smirks as he expertly maneuvers the skiff towards the hangar.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

have a couple options. 1 you can leap off the skiff while is running, or you can bring it to a stop right

there.

Magnifiscent: Let’s stop it there, I guess. No reason to press our luck.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

athletics or coordination to abandon the skiff mid flight.

Jonas Rigger:

skill: Piloting ­ Planetary

So those are 2 maneuvers. Now you can still take an action. You

Its another piloting check to bring the speed back to zero. Its an

Roll:

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 34/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Magnifiscent: Jumping would offend my sense of professionalism.

=D

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Haha fair enough.

Magnifiscent: Also, my aching joints.

Jonas Rigger: END TURN

Magnifiscent: Thnx for the help GM, gotta get back to work!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): NP

As the skiff descends you can hear the Rodian protesting his inevitable interaction with the ground

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

check with 2 setback dice to determine how much the ground hurts.

HK­477 snaps his fingers. “OBSERVATION: I believe we forgot something.” He stops talking as

Robert, Mada needs to roll an average athletics or coordination

Mada’s screams fill the air. “RELIEVED STATEMENT: Nevermind.”

Mada Roolek:

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Mada tries to get a running start as he reaches the ground, but as he lets go of the rope he trips,

rolling head over heels a few times before coming to a stop right behind the skiff. He suffers 3

wounds and 3 strain. No soak can be applied.

The Rebel Reargaurd double­time it to the transport ship as it takes off from the pad.

The Stormtroopers continue their advance, with no clear shots to take.

Stomper1 fires again on the meddlesome skiff, but again misses wide.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn.

Robert H.: THE SKIFF IS INVULNERABLE. ALL HAIL THE SKIFF.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

coordination roll. This isn’t to pass or fail, but rather to check any damage is taken dropping to the

ground.

Leaving the skiff at its current height requires an average athletics or

HK­477 looks around to see if anyone left any spare clips in the old skiff.

skill: Perception

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 35/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

HK­477 picks up a candy bar and tries to shove it into his gun’s ammo port.

HK­477 jumps out of the skiff so he can run toward his new ride.

skill: Athletics

Roll:

HK­477 doesn’t know where his token is, but he is going to run in the direction of the nearest Y-
Wing, using strain to get any extra distance he can with a second move or whatever.

HK­477: END TURN.

Adam J. (HK­477): This part of the trip could take a while…

HK’s servos strain upon landing on solid ground for 2 strain.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

can travel on a maneuver. With failure resulting in physical injury. (I think its in the rulebook, who

knows)

Athletics checks can be made to increase the number of spaces you

Robert H. thinks the GM is just trying to kick us off this map as quick as he can.

Mada Roolek:

skill: Perception

Roll:

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): You’ll never know, muhahaha!

Robert H.: burrrrrrrn!

Mada Roolek:

skill: Medicine

Roll:

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 36/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Robert H.: ok i’m done making joke rolls i promise

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): I’m waiting for the deception check to drop…

Mada’s turn.

Robert H.: not sure where the entrance hatch is exactly on this..

Mada Roolek runs onto the landing pad and climbs aboard the Falconesque.

Mada Roolek: END TURN!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jaryk’s turn

HK­477:

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Adam J. (HK­477): If it’s not too late, perhaps that athletics check can get me further.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): An extra 4 spaces with 2 strain.

Its not too late.

Adam J. (HK­477):

music

Sweet. Thanks. I could get there in one more turn with a lucky roll. cue ominous

skill: Perception

Roll:

HK­477 consults his knowledge of warfare to see if there are any evil schemes he should be

skill: Warfare

Roll:

HK sees no traps of which to be weary. However, HK knows Warfare and that the Empire wouldn’t

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 37/56

hesitate to melt him down if he is caught on the landing pad.

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

HK­477: ^ True. I’d do the same.

Jared (Jaryk): Assuming it’s the same difficulty to get down off of the AT­ST:

Jaryk Irys’sil:

skill: Coordination

Roll:

Jared (Jaryk): Sheesh.

Jaryk Irys’sil races toward the nearest Y­Wing.

Jared (Jaryk): Roll for extra movement:

Jaryk Irys’sil:

skill: Athletics

Roll:

Jaryk Irys’sil taunts HK­477 as he sprints past him.

“Hurry up, circuits­for­brains! You move slower than an unbalanced astromech droid

Jaryk Irys’sil:

with rusted bearings!"

Jared (Jaryk): END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): The AT­ST is parked, so no roll needed to get out. Just a maneuver.

Grim’s turn.

HK­477 grumbles. "Some of us had to wait on Old Man Christmas over there to land our glorified

Jared (Jaryk):

setting!

Adam J. (HK­477):

got pissed at Lewis for the exact same blunder.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

he said Christmas. I’m sure he actually meant Old Man Revan.

Adam J. (HK­477):

buried deep, long ago…he’s not sure why it’s there….

(But he remembers Revan being a female…)

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 38/56

And you complain about fantasy authors using Pagan in a non­Christian religious

Yeah, yeah, as soon as I pressed enter I realized my mistake. Oh, well. Tolkein

Clearly HK just had an error in voice processor making us think that

HKK has odd attachment to the name Revan. Something in his programming,

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

HK was obviously referring to Cris Tosiren. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cris_Tosiren

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Toche

Grim makes a quick check for any explosives he can find before moving to a ship.

skill: Perception

Roll:

Grim is unable to find “boom things” on the landing pad.

Grim runs over and enters YT­1300!

Grim: END TURN!

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Kaash’s turn.

Kaash’Clotile wants to test the ship’s weapons before heading off into space

Kaash’Clotile sets his sights on Stomper1!

Kaash’Clotile: Target: Stomper1

Range: Extreme

skill: Gunnery

Roll:

END TURN

Kaash fires the dorsal mounted medium laser turret and hits Stomper1 for 7 damage. 2 of that damage

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): Jonas’ turn.

HK­477:

us, shyness could be our AT­AT. For others a lack of education. But for us, AT­AT is a big machine

that wants to kill us."

Jaryk Irys’sil: “Stop yapping and get over here and get us away from that machine, widget idgit!”

HK­477: “MUMBLING ADDENDUM: …for some of us, an AT­AT is a hairy meatbag in the back seat.”

Magnifiscent: Do I need to do any rolling to hop off the skiff? If I remember correctly, I managed to

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 39/56

INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH: You know, in a way we all have an AT­AT to face. For some of

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

bring it to a stop last round, right?

Chat logs are great. The skiff is stopped. I just hop off as a maneuver and then beat feet for No

Name!

Jonas Rigger hops off the skiff and runs for his ship.

Magnifiscent: Thanks to my talent “Let’s Ride” I can slide into the pilot seat as an incidental action!

Jonas Rigger drops into the pilot’s seat and starts flipping switches, pressing buttons, and

muttering through a hurried pre­flight check as the engines start to power on.

Jonas Rigger shouts over his shoulder

Jonas Rigger:

just as soon as I can engage the engines!

END TURN

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

of the skiff. (It doesn’t affect your actions, just sees if you get hurt whilst doing so)

Also you can roll your piloting check to take off with the ship this turn.

Because you still have an action left.

Jonas Rigger: Let’s do coordination

skill: Coordination

If you’re coming with me, you’d better find a seat and strap in. We’ll be burning for orbit

You own me a 2 purpled athletics or coordination roll for hopping out

Roll:

skill: Coordination

Roll:

Oh wait. Not two purple, a two­purple.

skill: Coordination

Roll:

There we go

What’s the situation on the ground? Is everyone aboard that’s coming aboard? How close are the

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 40/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

storm trooper? Can I hold the take­off until everyone is set, or is there imminent danger?

Adam J. (HK­477): Your passengers are already on board, so you don’t have to wait on them.

Jonas Rigger: K.

difficulty on test for take off?

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): 2 purple, I think, let me double check

Yep, Average, 2 purple.

Jonas Rigger: k

skill: Piloting ­ Space

Roll:

When I get done working this fax server problem at work, I’ll sit down with the book again and take a

look at some mods for the YT­1300. It’ll be in the same vein at the firespray mods though; some

weapon and maybe speed upgrades.

as the firespray mods

Up, up, and away. Nonamé lifts off the pad and heads for the safety of space.

The Imperial army advances on the landing pad. Stomper1 destroys the final turret at the landing pad.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM): HK’s turn.

HK­477 looks around to confirm that his comrades are safe. Cursing his new, altruistic

programming, he burns two strain to join Jaryk in the cockpit. "OBSERVATION: You neglected to

Adam J. (HK­477): I’m going to assume that Jaryk is already inside since he got that far.

HK­477:

skill: Piloting ­ Space

Roll:

HK­477 guides the ship into the atmosphere. “STATEMENT: You cannot take the sky from me.”

Climbing higher, he hears the Bothan in the back seat complaining that HK “forgot” to lower the

protective glass over the cockpit. “Can your species survive in space? I can’t remember.”

skill: Xenology

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/chatarchive/595063?hidewhispers=true 41/56

5/3/2015 Chat Log for Retreat from Yavin 4

Roll:

HK­477 remembers learning that Bothans, like other meatbags, cannot live without an

atmosphere. He reluctantly lowers the protective glass and the ship flies higher.

HK­477: END TURN.

Yavin’s surface shrinks into the distance behind you.

Galactic Master Andrew (GM):

END CHAPTER 2

HK­477: COCKY RETORT: Bam!

Comments

Kit_Rhodes Kit_Rhodes

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.